7.25.2011

Straddie Island Dream Camp! - a place with magic moments.

This has to be the most AMAZING weekend of my life! Going to a sunny sandy island to live the dream for 3 days. We stayed at Anchorage Beach Resort which was located right on the beach!

My groups first activity was "Free Time!" I got the group to play some beach cricket even though no-one new the rules, but we just hit the ball and ran like mad and had a lot of fun! We also saw (I think) whales. After that I went for a run along the long sandy beach. During sundown. It was magical and I kept on thinking to myself how lucky I am to be here. How great it feels to have accomplished getting to Australia, getting here. And that I am finally doing something for me. This is for me, I kept on thinking while running. No one else can do this for you or take this away from you, it's all me.

We were welcomed by a group of Aboriginies who danced and sang songs to the earth and nature. Later on the QUT staff had organized a Beach Party with camp fires and music. And you got a chance to talk and dance with the cuties you've secretly been checking out. But I was to busy watching all the shooting stars than flirting! hah

Day 2 offered morning swim in the cristal clear ocean, a magnicificant hike/walk to see the beautiness of the world, - Long sandy beaches, rough waves pounding on cliffs, calm cristal clear water and dolphins.
The days second activity was kayaking. Since the ocean was so rough at the moment we had to wait to go to Amity point. The water was calm and I shared a kayak with the most funny danish guy you'll ever meet! The group paddled through a peaceful path between water growing trees which led us to eucaliptus trees, and the leader told us that it's very special to see a living eucaliptus tree in salt water.

As we paddled back we were accompanied by dolphins. And the curious person in my kayak got us up real close to one. Another magic moment.

Later on we all joined to trivia night, got devided into groups to compete about who had the most knowledge about Australia, and who do you think won? My group "The Dropbears" and tied place with someone else.
The rest of the night offered a preparty with fun games, a visit to the local pub and an afterparty on the beach.

Day 3, the day I FINALLY got to go surfing!!!!! And I got up on my first wave. It felt mindblowingly wonderful to be back in the water and still know my stuff! I managed to get lots of sweet waves and I loved every second of it including wipeouts and wave punchs.


Sneakpeak until I find my Camera Chord...:

Molly a real nice girl from the US made a awesome 2 min video from this weekend, check it out and give her some nice feedback! (It is not my video and I am not in it, but I was there and shared the same enjoyment and excitment)

2 comments:

  1. Fy fan va härligt! Längtar tills det blir lite varmare i Melbourne :P
    Funderar på att åka upp till dig under springbreak..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super video and blog...yahooo...Can t wait to visit Straddies with you ...Look forward to your Gold Coast blog /update...Luv ya Dad and Mom xox

    ReplyDelete