7.14.2011

Arrived Alive!

Update Deluxe:
The flight went good! No tears or fears. I think that depends on the fact that I've been waiting for this for like 7 years now and it finally happened!
The last 6 hours on the plane though where tough.. I could hardly sleep and it was a bit bumpy..
At Brisbane Airport I was worried I wouldn't get through costums since I only had a ticket in to Australia and not out. But my aunt/godmother/best friend said just smile and charm them and they'll let you pass. And so they did!

I met up with QUT's airport reception and they took me took Base Brisbane Central (Backpackers). I had a shower and then had to wait until 1 pm to check in to the room. (I was there at 8 am, so a long wait for someone very jet lagged.. )

I took a stroll around and signed up at ANZ bank and got a new sim card for my phone. My Australien number is +61 434970934. I almost fainted while buying a pasterie so I hurried back to the hostel to chill out in the tv room. I watched Austin Powers with the "backpacker gang" and then finally I got my room and took a 2 hour nap.

When I woke up I got invited by Mike (one of Annas' friends) to a barbeque/fundraiser. Being a yes man I accepted even though my extreme jet lag. It was awesome, I met really cool people and got offered 2 accommodations. Going there was a reeeally good idea!

I was interviewed by Kate (one of the people who offered me a place to stay at the 'barbie') and her room-mates yesterday. The place and the girls are perfect and I'm crossing all of my fingers to get it! please please please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment